North Simcoe Muskoka LHIN Invites Community Feedback to Develop Three-Year Strategic Plan
April 03, 2018
Every three years, the North Simcoe Muskoka Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) prepares a strategic plan which outlines priorities to improve our local health care system. This roadmap is used to inform decisions about health system transformation, health service delivery, and funding allocations.
The North Simcoe Muskoka LHIN is welcoming residents and health service providers to provide feedback relating to four areas of focus, which will guide our work over the next three years:
- Advance working relationships among health care professionals in North Simcoe Muskoka’s five sub-regions;
- Enhance care supports for aging adults;
- Strengthen consistency and quality in home and community care, and
- Support the prevention and management of chronic disease.
Input from residents and health service providers is essential to the development of the strategic plan, called the Integrated Health Service Plan (IHSP).
To engage with as many residents and stakeholders as possible about what is needed to build a stronger system of care, the North Simcoe Muskoka LHIN will be present at many upcoming community events, and provide a variety of options to provide feedback.
Our survey is now open and can be completed here (English / French).
To learn more about the strategic planning process, to provide suggestions regarding local health care, please visit www.nsmlhin.on.ca or contact the North Simcoe Muskoka LHIN Community Engagement Coordinator at engagewithNSM@lhins.on.ca.
Paper copies of the survey are available by contacting the Communications Department at the North Simcoe Muskoka LHIN.
“I encourage everyone in the North Simcoe Muskoka region to participate in our strategic planning process. Your feedback and insights help guide our work with our partners to strengthen the patient experience. Tell us what you think!”
- Jill Tettmann, CEO, North Simcoe Muskoka LHIN
- The North Simcoe Muskoka LHIN is one of 14 local organizations in Ontario that plan, coordinate and fund local health services and deliver high quality home and community care to patients and families. The North Simcoe Muskoka LHIN is committed to health improvement, innovation, and the establishment of collaborative partnerships to improve population health, patient experience and value for money across the health care system.
- The North Simcoe Muskoka LHIN covers an area of 8,445 square kilometers and is divided into five sub-geographic areas: Barrie and area, South Georgian Bay (Collingwood and area), North Simcoe (Midland/Penetanguishene and area), Muskoka and Area, and Couchiching (Orillia and area).
- The North Simcoe Muskoka LHIN is home to a population of 475,700, representing 3.5% of Ontario’s population, and is projected to grow by more than 10% over the next 10 years.
- North Simcoe Muskoka LHIN holds service accountability agreements with 70 funded health service providers including six hospitals and one specialty psychiatric hospital; 26 long-term care homes; 27 community support services; three community health centres; and seven community mental health programs.
For more information please contact:
Shelby Rushton, Communications Coordinator
North Simcoe Muskoka LHIN
705-721-8010 ext. 2274