Care Connections Forum 2014 - "Accelerating Change"
Forum 2014 - Feedback Report
The Annual NSM Care Connections Forum for 2014 was held at the Casino Rama Conference Centre on the evening of October 21st and all day October 22nd.
October 21 – 5:00-9:00pm
The evening of the 21st was dedicated to highlighting this year’s theme of “Accelerating Change” and kicked off with keynote speaker Dr. Joshua Tepper, President and CEO of Health Quality Ontario who spoke about ‘Embracing Change to Enhance the Client Experience’. For more information on HQO and Dr. Tepper’s work, please go to: http://www.hqontario.ca/.
The evening highlighted all the great work happening locally with over 35 exhibitors sharing information.
Leading up to the forum, stakeholder and partner organizations from across North Simcoe Muskoka applied to speak during the evening. The NSM Leadership Council chose the following five as being representative of some of the excellent work happening within our area that is embracing and championing change and improving the local health care experience for patients and their families:
- Aboriginal Patient Navigation Services
- Regional Antimicrobial Stewardship Program
- OSMH Patient's Journey Home
- Musculoskeletal Integration Proposal
- Building Balance Falls Prevention Program and Community Partnerships
October 22nd – 9:00–4:00pm
Continuing to focus on this year’s theme of “Accelerating Change”, the day began with local resident and breast cancer survivor – Suzanne O’Halloran – sharing her story and perspectives on what went well during her health care journey, and what would have made her experience even better.
Following Suzanne's remarks, a ‘Rapid Fire Innovation Panel’ took the stage, facilitated by Dr. Nancy Merrow of OSMH and comprised of local health service providers. Providers spoke about how each of their organizations was embracing change and focusing on improving client, caregiver and family experiences in health care. Panelists included:
- Tara Maxwell – Coordinator, Family Mental Health Initiative of Simcoe County
- Sandra Dunham – Executive Director, Hospice Simcoe
- Tammy Stadt – President CSC Chigamik CHC
- Ingrid Lehmann – Executive Director, Brain Injury Service Muskoka-Simcoe
- Julia King – Director LTC Operations, Jarlette Health Services
- Monica Gabriel - Director, Client Services, NSM CCAC
Some of the panelists shared information via presentation or documents:
Finally, afternoon breakout sessions focused attendees on accelerating system-wide and organizational change, leveraging successes, building on Health Links, and increasing collaborative efforts to transform the health system in North Simcoe Muskoka.
For further information, please contact Sheila Winegarden, Community Engagement Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 705-326-7750 ext. 237.