For Home and Community Care Support Services, contact:
705-721-8010 (local) 1-888-721-2222 (toll-free)
- Privacy and Records department: ext. 6641
- Privacy and Records department fax: 705-792-6299
We want to hear from you! If you have any questions, would like to be informed about upcoming events, or get involved in other ways, please give us a call (8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. daily) or send us an email.
|15 Sperling Drive
- Home and Community Care Support Services (Patient Services) - 705-792-6270 or 1-866-700-1955
- Administration - 705-326-1392
Teletypewriter (TTY) Service
Home and Community Care Support Services North Simcoe Muskoka provides a free TTY service through the Bell Relay Service.
Using the Bell Relay Service
- For TTY Users: If you have a hearing impairment or speech disability, use your TTY to type your conversations to a Bell Relay operator. The operator will read the typed message to the other person and then type the other person’s reply back to you.
- For Voice Users: You can begin a call to a TTY user by calling the Bell Relay Service at 1-800-855-0511. A Bell Relay operator will type your spoken words to the TTY user and read back their replies. The operator will have to relay the information, so please speak slowly.
Instructions for TTY Users
When you’re calling Home and Community Care Support Services North Simcoe Muskoka, please follow these steps using your TTY:
- Dial 711. The Bell Relay operator will answer with: “Bell Canada Relay Service, (operator’s name) speaking,” followed by “GA” (for “go ahead”).
- Type in 705-721-8010 and then “GA.” Type in the name or extension of the person you’re trying to reach, if you have it. The operator will let you know as soon as someone answers the call. For example, “John is on the line, GA” (if you provided a name).
General Tips for TTY Users
- When calling, be sure to give the operator the name or extension of the person you are trying to reach. This way, the call will progress more quickly and the operator won’t have to keep repeating the procedures for using the Bell Relay Service.
You can leave messages on answering machines or voicemail systems. When you do, mention that you are calling using the Bell Relay Service. Provide the Bell Relay Service phone number (1-800-855-0511) along with your area code and phone number.