Diabetes Care in North Simcoe Muskoka
North Simcoe Muskoka Diabetes Regional Coordination Centre
The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MoHLTC) announced in October 2012 that the funding and accountability of the Diabetes Regional Coordination Centres and Diabetes Education Programs that were funded by the Provincial Programs Branch of the MoHLTC would be transferred to the 14 provincial Local Health Integration Networks (LHIN). For the DRCCs this transfer occurred on February 1, 2013.
Centralized Intake is now being done through the South Georgian Bay Community Health Centre. For more information, please call Susan Puttkemery(705) 422-0900 ext. 118.
Please click here for the NSM DRCC's Transition Communication.
Diabetes Resources & Self-Management
NSM Diabetes Education Centres
The following documents are for the use of Diabetes Education Programs (DEPs) across the province who are funded by the LHINS to provide diabetes education and management services to adults. If you are a DEP and have any questions regarding these policies or procedures or you would like copies of the reporting templates described in these documents please contact your LHIN representative.
Barrie and Area
- Barrie Community Health Centre 705-719-4888
- Barrie and Community Family Health Team 705-797-2030
- Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre
- Adult & Pediatric 705-729-9090 ext 23300
Collingwood and Area
- Georgian Bay Family Health Team 705-444-5885
- South Georgian Bay Community Health Centre705-422-1888
Midland - Penetanguishene and Area
- Chigamik Community Health Centre 705-527-4154
- North Simcoe Family Health Team 705-526-7804
- Cottage Country Family Health Team 705-687-2271
- Muskoka Algonquin Healthcare - South Muskoka Memorial Hospital 705-645-4404 ext. 3600
- Muskoka Algonquin Healthcare - Huntsville District Memorial Hospital 705-789-2311 ext. 2312
Orillia and Area
- Couchiching Family Health Team 705-329-3649
- Orillia Soldiers' Memorial Hospital
- Adult 705-326-7611
- Pediatric 705-327-9152
Ontario Diabetes Strategy
To access the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care 'Stand Up to Diabetes' webpage, please click here.