Top Three Accomplishments
- Supported the expansion of the North Simcoe Family Health Team to offer allied health services to all residents in the sub-region, regardless of primary care attachment.
- Facilitated the establishment of a joint birthing program between Georgian Bay General Hospital (GBGH) and Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital (OSMH) that will allow GBGH to provide Level 1 birthing services for low-risk pregnancies, while OSMH provides ongoing mentorship and education as a Level 2 birthing and neonatal centre.
- Supported the efforts of the Waypoint Centre for Mental Health and the CHIGAMIK Community Health Centre to bring together community mental health programs and services, and primary care services, in a new facility.
Top Three Issues in 2018-19
Access to Specialized Geriatric Services (SGS)
The North Simcoe Sub-Regional Planning Table will work in collaboration with the North Simcoe Muskoka SGS Program to implement a local SGS team that will enhance and expand SGS services for aging adults.
Integration and coordination of services
To further streamline and improve the health care experience for North Simcoe residents, more care coordinators will be connected to primary care. In addition, the Sub-Regional Planning Table will advance the philosophy of coordinated care planning by aligning the coordinated care plan used for Health Links to become the care plan for all home and community care patients.
Creating an accurate and detailed community profile is the cornerstone for efficient health planning in North Simcoe. The Sub-Regional Planning Table will collaborate with the NSM LHIN business intelligence team on a comprehensive profile that will shape future plans for the sub-region.
Goals for 2019-22
For more information on the North Simcoe sub-region, contact:
- Kim Sontag, Director, North Simcoe Sub-region Planning and Integration
- April Smith, Director, North Simcoe Sub-region Home and Community Care
- Dr. Herman Jilesen, North Simcoe Sub-region Clinical Lead